The Academic Affairs Department ensures that the hospital’s educational activities are planned, executed, and evaluated in accordance with Al Ain Hospital, HAAD, and SEHA guidelines and polices. AAD educational activities are designed to improve patient care by maintaining, developing, or increasing the skills, knowledge and professional performance of physicians and other healthcare professionals. The AAD continually assesses the impact of its activities through quantitative and qualitative methods to ensure that hospital operational goals are met.
Scope of Service
The Academic Affairs Department provides comprehensive educational activities that maintain, develop, and increase professional knowledge, skills, and competencies that health care professionals require to maintain both their licensure and to support the provision of high quality health care service.
The Academic Affairs Department – constitute of:
- Graduate Education Section, Medical Library Building; oversee medical, nursing, and allied health education.
- Life Support Services and Training Center, Al Markhaniya
- Educational Services Section, Medical Library Building ,which covers the following services :
- Medical library services (e-library & facility management)
- Continuous Professional Education (CPE)
(Clinic hours/days, Location):
- Medical library building at Al Ain Hospital: from Sunday to Thursday 07.00 – 16.00 hrs.
- Life Support Services and Training Centre at ALMarkhaniya: from Sunday to Thursday 07.00 – 16.00 hrs.
- Chair Person of Academic Affairs / Head of Department (1)
- Academic Affairs Manager(1)
- Physicians & Interns( 37)
- Nursing Staff & paramedical staff (7)
- Administrative Officers (8)
- House Keeping (2)
Head of Department
Name:MOUZA MOHAMMED AL SABOUSI
Position: Head of Department Academic Affairs & BeHavioural Science Institute
Qualifications: MBBS, PhD, CABpsych, CAB FM